From being known as the “Garden City of India” to its journey of becoming the “IT Capital of India”, Bangalore is the first choice of potential startups and it has come a long way. There are numerous startups in Bangalore. The concept of coworking and common workspace is new and popular among the working youth of Bangalore.
The startup culture in Bangalore is vibrant and thriving. What are some Popular startups and their workspace in Bangalore? Let’s have a look at some of the successful startups and their workspace in Bangalore.
The concept of coworking space
As the startups have been making a wave and headlines in Bangalore, the demand for coworking space has seen a great surge. But what exactly is a coworking space? A video by CNBC International, very smartly explains why this “Coworking space” was born.
Suppose you are starting out with a business and have a team of around 10 people. You would be required to find an office space, sign a lease, and go for insurance. These were all the primary requirements. In order to set up that office you would need to buy furniture, cleaning, pantry supplies, and utilities.
In order to avoid such hassle at a very initial stage, the concept of coworking rose up, where all you gotta do is find a coworking office and sign a membership. Viola! You are good to go.
The startup culture in Bangalore?
Apart from the fact that the city of Bangalore has nice weather and an airport that is miles away from the city (pun intended), Bangalore is also the IT hub of India, and that makes it the ideal place to start a business.
If we look into the Bangalore startup scenes of 2023, according to an article by ET Government, we can clearly see that Bangalore ranks 3rd best startup ecosystem in the Asia Pacific region and 8th globally.
Bangalore started its journey as an IT hub by first establishing an Electronic city. It was the starting point of this enormous startup influx.
But why exactly is Bangalore the first choice? To answer this question let’s dive into some facts. Firstly, the Karnataka government has introduced some of the best policies for supporting and establishing small startups and businesses.
Secondly, Bangalore hosts some of the best business and science schools which in turn produces eligible candidates who contribute to this startup ecosystem greatly. And lastly, the ecosystem is filled with various angel investors and business tycoons who show great interest and invest in such startups.
The other states are unable to provide such facilities to the startups thus, they fail to attract them.
Bangalore’s popular startups and their offices in Bangalore
Coworking offices are the new preferences of entrepreneurs in Bangalore. What are some of the leading companies in Bangalore and where are their offices In Bangalore? Let’s take a look at the list.
- Zoomcars– Zoomcars is India’s first rental car startup. It was established in the year 2013 by Greg Maran and David Back. People can rent a car on a monthly, weekly, or hourly basis. Office location- Bengaluru HQ 7th floor, tower – b, 150, HAL Old Airport Rd, ISRO Colony, Domlur
- Zivame- Zivame is a female lingerie-selling startup by Richa Kar and it was established in the year 2011. The startup was focused on abolishing those awkward moments between the sellers (most of the time a male seller) and the buyer (obviously a female). Office location- 2726 4th Floor Lakshminarayana Nivas off 80 Feet Road Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560002, India
- Zerodha- Looking for a startup related to stock brokerage? Here’s Zerodha for you! It is a startup by Nithin Kamath in the year 2010. This startup offers trading in various bonds, currencies, trading, etc. Office location- Zerodha, #153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase, Opp. Clarence Public School, Bengaluru – 560078
- Byju’s – The much talked about startup, Byju’s is an educational startup by Byju Raveendran in the year 2011. Byju’s is the online version of tuition classes, where they provide you with pre-recorded lecture classes as well as some assistance. Office location- BYJU’S, 2nd Floor, Tower D, IBC Knowledge Park, 4/1, Bannerghatta Main Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Cred- Struggling with credit card due dates and bill payments? Cred might be the solution for you. Cred is a startup by Kunal Shah in the year 2018. Office location- No 1198, 3rd Floor, Salarpuria Emporium, 1199, 100 Feet Rd, Hal, Stage 1, Indiranagar, Bengaluru – 560038
- Razorpay- If you have noticed the payment window while making a transaction. You might have noticed Razorpay being mentioned there. Razorpay is a gateway for payments and it was founded by Harshil Mathur and Shashank Kumar in the year 2014. Office location- 1st Floor, SJR Cyber, 22 Laskar Hosur Road, Adugodi, Bengaluru, India.
- KhataBook- KhataBook is a startup that deals with various solutions and financial tools ranging from small to large-scale businesses. It was founded by Ashish Sonone, Dhanesh Kumar, Jaideep Poonia, Ravish Naresh, and Vaibhav Kalpe. Office location- 1203, 22nd Cross Rd, Sector 3, HSR Layout, Bengaluru – 560102
- Rentomojo- As the name suggests, this startup is associated with renting furniture, bikes, electronics, and others and paying on a monthly basis. Umang Bedi, Umesh Kulkarni, and Virendra Gupta came up with this brilliant idea to make the bachelor life easier. Office location- Edunetwork Private Limited B-Block, BHIVE Workspace – No.112, AKR Tech Park “A” and 7th Mile, Hosur Rd, Krishna Reddy Industrial Area, Bangalore, Karnataka, Pin – 560068
- Yulu- If you are someone who is currently living in the city of Bangalore, you must be aware of that small blue-colored electronic bike! That is the product of a startup known as Yulu set up by Amit Gupta, Naveen Dachuri, RK Misra, and Hemant Gupta in the year 2017. Office location- Aurbis Business Park, Survey No. 58, 7, Outer Ring Rd, Devarabisanahalli, Bengaluru – 560103
- Dunzo- If you live in Bangalore, you must be familiar with the home delivery app, Dunzo. “Dunzo kar le na yaar” is what we say when we forget something back home, it is the app that provides e-services. This amazing startup was founded by Ankur Aggarwal, Dalvir Suri, Kabeer Biswas, and Mukund Jha. Office location- No 2, Wind Tunnel Rd, Murugesh Pallya, Nanja Reddy Colony, Murgesh Pallya
Some top-notch coworking offices and the facilities they provide
There’s an ongoing workspace trend for startups. Let’s find out what are some of the most amazing and extraordinary coworking offices in Bangalore.
- BeHive workspaces: Top companies like Myntra, Rapido, CultFit, Meesho, Paytm, and Sharechat have their offices in BeHive workspace. This coworking office has the facilities of a lounge, cafeteria, and recreational room. In order to get a membership, all you gotta do is sign up for the office according to your preference and pay the monthly membership fees. The BeHive offices are located at various places in Bengaluru.
- Wolfpack Workspaces: As the name suggests, this working space hosts a friendly and constructive environment for various startups. If you are looking for offices at premium locations, this might be the solution. Here again, you can get a membership for your team after signing up. The Wolfpack offices are located at some of the most premium locations in Bangalore and Kochi.
- WeWork: WeWork again is a dedicated coworking office and hosted some premium clients like Pfizer, Samsung, Zoom, and VISA. In order to get a membership or book a table for your employees, you need to sign up and pay according to the service you prefer. WeWork has various offices across Bangalore.
- CoWrks: If you are someone who has a soft point for aesthetics then CoWrks might be the right option for you. The ambiance is nice and a comfortable way to carry out your work. You can sign up for membership and enjoy the premium services from lunge and cafeteria to playrooms. They have various locations across India and across Bangalore.
- UpStart: UpStart is another coworking office located in Bangalore. These office spaces are laced with various facilities like hardware facilities, wi-fi, entertainment lunge, etc. You can sign up for the membership and get office spaces and tables for amazing prices.
Renting a coworking space rather than going for a full-fledged office is smart for small businesses because it gives you financial benefits. These offices not only serve with these benefits but also provide other benefits like a constructive and work-friendly environment where you get to meet people from different sectors of life. Sharing and learning are some of the best pros of these coworking offices.
- What are coworking offices?
A building that has multiple floors and accommodates offices of multiple companies with a common lounge and cafeteria are coworking offices.
- Can an individual work in a coworking office?
Yes, an individual can work in a coworking office after signing up for a membership.
- Do these coworking offices charge money?
Yes, these offices charge money on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis.
- Can I book a table for my company of 5 people?
Yes, you can.
- Can I book the office for any seminar for a day?
Yes, you can book a seminar hall for a day and you will be charged as per their chart.
- Are there any coworking offices in Indiranagar?
Yes, there are multiple coworking offices in Indiranagar.
- Can I also set up a startup?
Yes, you can set up a startup with proper planning and execution.